Since 1952, when Midstate Communications was incorporated as a telephone membership cooperative, we have proudly serviced the communication needs of central South Dakota with state of the art telecommunications technology and services. Headquartered in Kimball, SD, Midstate currently services nearly 5000 access lines in eleven (11) exchanges throughout central South Dakota.
On October 30, 1952 the Articles of Incorporation for Midstate Telephone Company were drafted and signed. Over the next couple of year acquisitions were made to include Kimball, White Lake and Stickney Exchanges in 1955; the Gann Valley, Pukwana and New Holland Exchanges in 1956; the Delmont Exchange in 1957; the Fort Thompson Exchange in 1959; and the Platte and Geddes Exchanges in 1998 which form the modern day Midstate Communications Cooperative.
During the almost half-century of service provided by Midstate Communications many things have changed, personnel, technology and customers. Through all this change Midstate Communications has always maintained a simple business philosophy: "To provide a variety of quality services, at an affordable price, to the residents and businesses we serve."